1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switch on Gas Pedal

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wetsu, Jan 5, 2001.

1. wetsu

wetsu Junior Member

74 Chevy has switch above gas pedal. When the gas pedal is depressed nearly all the way, the switch is depressed. I followed both of the wires leading from it and they both go nowhere. Just wondering if anyone knows what in the heck the switch is for and where the wires are supposed to go. Thanks!

2. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER Junior Member

well it sounds like it could be.... depending on the model 74 chevy as a Nitrous button ...look around you might find a toggle switch that would have armed the system...it was the first thing that can to mind. you would only use nos at full throttle ...

3. wetsu

wetsu Junior Member

Truck has 250 inline 6 and a 1 brrl carb, both original, so I dont think it would have been nitro. But thanks for the thought!

4. 4x4k20

4x4k20 Member

THE SWITCH YOU SEE IS THE KICKDOWN [PASSING GEAR] FOR YOUR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 400 IF YOU HAVE ONE I HAVE NEVER SEEN A 400 AUTO BEHIND A 6 MAYBE IT USED TO HAVE A V8

5. wetsu

wetsu Junior Member

Original tran was a manual, now has 4 sp. auto.

6. bob

bob PlowSite.com Veteran

Ejector seat?

7. guilty1

guilty1 Junior Member

maybe for a elecric choke? Just a thought....

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Originally for an electric starter? I can't remember these being in a '74, though. I liked the Nitrous idea better.:drinkup: