1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Switch for Snow Ex 1075 control

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by GMC Jon, Nov 22, 2007.

1. GMC Jon

GMC Jon Junior Member

Does anyone know where to get a on-off switch for the 1075 controller? Snow Ex only sells the complete controller for close to $400. Just wondering if anyone ever replaced just the switch.
  2. fnltch

fnltch Junior Member

I went to a buyers controller for about 200.00 I still have the simple on-off controller but all it looks like is a set of contacts in a box.Let me know if you want to purchase it If it is the one you are looking for. Mine is off a meyer pro flo unit but the snow ex"s look identical to a meyer unit.
  3. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Call Maxwell Tuck and Equipment and ask for Dan. Today I'm picking up one for my Lesco. On/Off with variable speed control dial for $129.00. They're in State College, PA, but worth the shipping for you. # 814-359-2672.
    Let me know if it works out.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

SnowEx Switches

You can have your local SnowEx dealer order the switches you need if they don't have them in stock.
    :rolleyes: John...
  5. GMC Jon

GMC Jon Junior Member

Thanks for the help. We get our Snow Ex salters and parts thru Monroe truck and Equipment in Green Bay. According to them, there are no switches available for the controller. You have to buy the complete controller or nothing. There is nothing wrong with the rest of the controller. I have 2 controllers that the on-off switches are going bad. For now I will just get one controller, then I will try to get a switch for for that one and the other one.
  6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

They should have them in stock. I'll get you the part number for the switch so you can have them get one for you.
    :rolleyes: John...
  7. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

found switches

I spoke with a guy from Snow-Ex today & he said that the switches are replacable. You need to take your controller apart & see if you have a blue wire running to the on/off switch, if you do then you need part # D6237. If you do not have a blue wire then you need part # D6242. This is straight from Snow-Ex and he said to call your local dealer & just order that part number.
  8. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

How do ya figure out what switches are bad.. ive got a 1875 that the controller doesnt have any power
  9. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

That I can't answer but if you call 1-800-salters that will get you Snow-Ex direct. The people I spoke with were more than helpful in diagnosing the problem.
  10. GMC Jon

GMC Jon Junior Member

My controller would not even light up when the power was turned on. Check your power and ground to the controller.

I got a switch from NAPA and put it in the contoller. It was a little bigger than the old switch but I made it fit. Works great for $4.
  11. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Use a plow solenoid and a regular switch to run the spreader, works good for only a couple bucks.