1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switch capable?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by allstarlawncare, Jan 28, 2011.

1. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

Is it possible for me to put a standard duty plow on my truck instead of a sport duty plow without having to switch the mount on the truck side? I drive a 2007 ford f150. I am not worried about the weight I know it can hold it. Truck doesnt even move half an inch now. I want to be able to put wings on my plow

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you have a sport duty on your truck now and want the bigger plow no. The hooks on the mount are a different size and also I believe the pin that locks the plow to the mount is bigger on the bigger plows. I know anything from a 7'6'' standard duty to a 9'2'' vee they use I believe a 1 inch pin. The 10 foot plows have a bigger hook and pin size also.

3. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

Should have just bought a bigger plow to begin with i guess. Looks like i wont be getting a bigger plow until i get another truck. not worth the money to buy a whole new plow and mount

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Unless you can find something used somewhere. Dealers usually do trades also. Guys will go trade smaller plows for bigger ones. Or you can sell the old one on ebay. Or put it on craigslist. Theres always nice looking used stuff out there. Ya just gotta find it.

5. allstarlawncare

allstarlawncare Member

The problem is finding one to fit on an f150 though. dont you think that might be a little difficult?

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Well the mount yes. But sometimes dealers will have used ones laying around. You never know though you might get lucky.