1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switch box

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blk90s13, Oct 18, 2009.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont wanna make my own where do I buy a 4 switch box ?

it will control :

mini light bar
    rear back up work lights
    strobes
    plow lights

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  4. DHDB

DHDB Member

Go for (5) switches and seperate your strobes (front/back). You can turn off the front when you get a headache from the light shining back at you.

5. blk90s13

not a bad Idea thanks

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I got a SHO ME, great product and great customer service.

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

any competent installer can build you what you want for less that what they charge....

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Or you can hit up Craigslist for something... just search Siren, lightbar, firefighter etc... you can find someone close selling something.

9. blk90s13

I got a local installer to do all my work for me for $150 which is is a good deal IMO

mounted rear backup fog lights
    installed 4 corner strobes
    moved plow light switch
    hard wired my mini fedral bar
    and gave me a 6 switch box we split front and rear strobes and over ride switch for the backup fogs

now every thing is nice and clean on a nice pro grade switch box ( came out of a police car )

will load up videos and pics tomorrow

10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

a very good deal.....indeed

11. blk90s13

I was gonna do it my self and my last thing was to go to the local shop and see how much they would charge to get my self motivated on saving the money they want

Then the installer walked out and said he can do it on his time off for alot less

the switch box is a Federal sw300 now all i need is tomake a bracket and mount it some where

12. blk90s13

the ****** video is here sorry for the quality the dam camera wont work so I used the BB for now

90watt 4 corner strobes and the federal mini bar along with auto zone $20 rear fog lights

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid549.photobucket.com/albums/ii388/blk90s13/VID00000.flv">

just need to mount the box tomorrow and wait for some snow

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009