1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

switch box

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by vincent, Oct 2, 2009.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

Recommend me a good switch box. I have a led bar, 4 lights (2 in grill & 2 on backrack), 4 corner strobe kit and 2 cat lights. Would prefer the switches to be pre-wired from factory.

I've seen some on ebay, but it gets to be overwhelming.:dizzy:

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

what manufacturer are ur lights? i recomend whelen however idk if they are compatible with other manufacturers. Dissociative might be able to tell you.

3. vincent

vincent Senior Member

grill lights are whelen, led bar is a buyers, ordering the strobes this weekend. Haven't decided on whelen 90 watt or the sirenet package.

4. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

i would stick with whelen because i know u can run all of the whelen stuff on a whelen controller and then at worst u have a seperate switch for the bar.

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Any brand switchbox will work.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

8. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Unless you are using some sort of serial communication equipment, any switchbox will work with any brand of lights. The question you need to answer is how do you want everything controlled? Do you want one switch for rear warning and one switch for front warning, or do you want a switch for each lighting location? Another important question is where do you want to mount the switches? What brand and model of Lightbar do you have?

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the support.

Any competent supplier will be able to pre-wire the switch box so all you need to do is hook it up..label it and set it all up to do what you want. All you need is a breakdown of the system.

If they won't, find a new supplier...IMO...it's very easy to do.

If all you want is switches you don;t even need a switch box per-say all you need is the switches......All a box gives you is the slider to turn them all on with a slide....

10. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member

I use a 8 switch (button) box it has all leds that light up. i think it ran me around $120 and its made by carson. i love it