1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swisher salt spreader any good?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by wayne1234, Dec 11, 2009.

1. wayne1234

wayne1234 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Hello all I'm a new member on here but I have read quite a few posts before. I'm a sub contractor for a big landscaping company for the past 4 years. In the past they have provided us with the manual push style salt spreaders, But man that is alot of sweat.. So this year I'm going to buy a salt spreader leave it to me to wait till the last minute of course. we plow small to medium lots and usually put down about 150lbs per site. I'm in central Indiana so we dont get a ton of snow.. these spreaders seem decently priced and like the fact of the screw on lid. the salt they provide us is in bags, so it s pretty clean and dry. any one use this spreader know a guy who has one? I'm looking to keep it reasonably priced The model is 11730 it list it as a suv spreader it mounts to the 2" reciever * Adjusts to spread widths from 4' to 16' in diameter
    * Heavy duty permanent magnet DC motor, for high torque applications
    * Motor wiring included
    * 8" easy-fill spin-on cap with breather vents tank for consistent flow of product
    * Universal fit mounts easily to existing 2" x 2" receiver
    * Easy installation, all hardware included
    * Clear poly tank 25-gallon hopper allows for easy visual of contents
    * 300-lb. capacity.
    Thanks for any input