1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swisher 11730 or SnowEx 210

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by redhenny16, Nov 25, 2009.

1. redhenny16

redhenny16 Senior Member

I plow a private two lane road that is less than 1/4 mile long with a hill that I have to salt this year. I have never salted before, but I do not want to loose this job so I need an inexpensive spreader. I can get a SnowEx 210 at Home Depot for $599 or a Swisher 11730 at Meijer for $276. Both mount with a two inch reciever. Has anyone used either of these spreaders or have any recomendations?

2. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

Swisher Salter

I used mine for the first time yesterday and this unit for $350.00 deliverd worked great. The plastic holding tank takes 5- 50LB. bags of rock salt and has no problem spreading 12 ' wide on the third and fourth settings. I added a new cord off e-bay for $25.00 which has a switch in line so there is no unplugging. Well worth the money and a quality spreader!!:bluebounc

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

For that small of an area of say just use a push spreader and bagged product.