1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SwingWing Plows video

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Runner, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Runner

Runner Senior Member

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Whoever it is in the video is making more of a mess than doing anything productive. Might work if the driver knew what he was doing

3. ajech

ajech Member

Love the music they put with the video.

4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Ha! I was looking around on my computer to see if it was something I inadvertently clicked on, but decided it was probably from the video

5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

christ, remind me never to buy a white chevy with a SW on the back. he'll be lucky if that truck lasts 30K miles the way he drives it. I suppose that plow could work well if the driver actually plowed instead of playing around like he's hopped up on amphetamines for the camera.

6. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I think that is John Geer, kinda looks like his truck?

7. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

KISS...keep it simple stupid.
    looks like to much going on. one good driver should be able to push more with a v then that set up. you also you have lots to watch out for with them folding towards the truck. one snag then you'll be:dizzy: instead ofpayup .

8. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

whoever that is in the video was on here last year talking about how he built the central hydraulic system that is in the stainless box in the bed of the truck. You can here the engine running when the truck drives by. I cant seem to find the thread tho.

9. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah, that's Jon Geer.

11. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

12. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

13. Runner

Runner Senior Member

There's another RC on there that has an actual working V plow.wesport

14. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

dont want to sound negitive but the guy in the first video is beating the snot outta that truck and why do you guys want a 16' blade in the back???? just put in the front with all those fancy fold out wings and get rid of the "regular" plow i see in the vidoes you can push or pull with it and wouldn't it be safer in the front so you could see better?

15. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

16. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

The pony motor is really annoying, no way would I want to listen to that thing the entire night. If that was one of my drivers that was driving like that, they wouldn't have a job. Theres a line between being productive and just driving like a crazy person for lack of better words. With something that big you are moving a ton of snow and theres no reason to be doing that. But whatever works, more power to you.

17. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Firstclasslawn,
    Ok,...so your blade is the one built by Ebeling, correct? Now, the Eberling is supposed to be a superior blade over the swingwing? Exactly what are the the advantages? I did notice that it opens up a little further than straight across, so pushing backwards becomes almost a scoop configuration. The Swingwing doesn't do that? Also, what powers the hydros on that, is it just an electric motor drawn off the battery? (as opposed to the separate motor - which I agree would be annoying - not to mention having to refuel and maintain it). Anyway, I think that is just so cool. When seeing you walk out of those loading docks and other areas - carrying that wide of a swath, I am just like "Wow". Any info is helpful. Also, is the edge curved, so it does indeed pull better than it pushes? Does it have power down?

18. YES EBLING: 616-532-8400
    Opens further than straight back. Works better for pushing back and PULLING! because the snow windrows better. Mine is electric powered, they will also do them with a clutch pump. I went electric because i already had the front blade. If I bought all new, I would go clutch pump. It does power down very much. It will lift the truck off the ground. I have also found that the roll formed back part works better in light snow because the snow will actually roll PLUS ROLL FORMED STEEL ADDS STRENGTH!

* just my opinion though- Do you research before buying. I did my homework before spending 7 grand and i picked ebling

QUOTE=Runner;378809]Firstclasslawn,
    Ok,...so your blade is the one built by Ebeling, correct? Now, the Eberling is supposed to be a superior blade over the swingwing? Exactly what are the the advantages? I did notice that it opens up a little further than straight across, so pushing backwards becomes almost a scoop configuration. The Swingwing doesn't do that? Also, what powers the hydros on that, is it just an electric motor drawn off the battery? (as opposed to the separate motor - which I agree would be annoying - not to mention having to refuel and maintain it). Anyway, I think that is just so cool. When seeing you walk out of those loading docks and other areas - carrying that wide of a swath, I am just like "Wow". Any info is helpful. Also, is the edge curved, so it does indeed pull better than it pushes? Does it have power down?[/QUOTE]