1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swing Wing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Stud Bro, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

I know this has be talked about and who can forget the u-tube vid however im wondering what is going on with the swing wing can you buy them? is there a web site? I would imagin that there are more people interested in this plow just wondering is anyone knows any more info on it.

2. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

8000.00 installed on your truck, if the price doesnt scare you i can give you a coupl people to talk to and see what happens. no dealers really

3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

There are some guys here in Michigan that build them. I'll see if I can find them.

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Sorry my mistake...not guys, but guy. It is Jon Geer (member here). His has got to be about the number one design of them.

5. I would call Ebling and son's. Thats where I got mine. I looked at the model that geer has, and decided on the ebling one for a few reasons... NUMBER 1. customer service. 616-532-8400, Talk to jim N. at ebling.

Jon Geer actually gets his mount made at ebling!

6. ps, you can see pictures of mine if you follow the link in my signature!

7. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

ebling does make a good one and it will save you some money too. i make my own swing wings, and always have an extra sitting inside that is unused, back up or if some one wants it.

just checked 6300 installed at ebling for roughly a 14' one.

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

is the video link working? i wasn't able to see it.

9. shesch

shesch Junior Member

HEY MIKEY..i am here

10. Runner

Runner Senior Member

These things aren't even close to the caliber of anything else. They enter a whole 'nother dimension in snow removal. I couldn't even IMAGINE having the power and ability to handle that much area that fast.
    One question I would love to know. When that blade is set down on the ground, is it exactly perpendicular to the ground? I noticed as you were pushing backward. and I know these have down pressure. Does this scrape just as clean backward as it does forward?

11. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

Eblings blades have adjustable top bars. Once they are set, they are perpendicular as long as the ballast stays the same or close.

12. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Wow, cool... So these work like turnbuckles or or slotted adjusters or something, so the pitch can be altered somewhat?

13. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

14. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Ok, thanks. I saw that thread before, but I didn't notice the adjustments on the shafts before. I appreciate that. I'll tell you...If I was to outfit anew truck, and I was even conSIDering a rear plow, this no doubt would be the way I would go. In a way, you can't relly even compare this to a rear blade, because even though it is one, it is almost like a whole different piece of equipment. It has in a way, a whole different purpose.payup

15. Prime

Prime Junior Member

Two brothers in Grand Rapids, MI designed and manufacture the Swing Wing. Their names are John and Jerry Mast. They are expensive, but very nice. If you are interested, I can put you in contact with them.

Alec.

16. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Actually, Carl Mast designed and patented the SwingWing. John & Gerrald manufature and install. B&B Truck also manufactures the SwingWing under manufacturing rights given by Carl. John & Gerrald have no rights to the plow other than being family.

I have full rights to manufacture, sell, and install the SwingWing. I can put you in touch with the right person. I know it sounds all confusing, but PM me and I will send you in the right direction.

Jon

17. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I never knew I had customer service issues??????

Though Jon is correct, I do have Jim manufacture my mount, the plow I manufacture. They both compliment each other.

Jon

18. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

i guess i am interested in both plows. Im notgoing to do anything this year however i would be very interested in getting one for next year if you guys have numbers and names please PM them to me thanks for all your help and no the price dosnt scare me i have now problem spending money on quality equipment.