1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swing wing/ ebling backblades

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnkale, Jan 10, 2010.

1. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

looking for the person making the swing wing back blade. Like the one sold on the tool cat this fall. (I believe maybe some jon geer guy) I've also seen the ebling back blade and curious if it could be mounted on kubota rtv 1100. Anyone out there done this or know if it can be done
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Jon Geer is who you are asking about.

As for the Kubota, not that I know of, but an excellent idea. Wish I would have thought of it.

Kawasaki USA or whatever they're called has a Mule here at the HQ with a front and back blade. I was seriously looking at one until I did more checking into the RTV.

Should be fairly easy, they have a good frame, probably need a little reinforcing. Hydraulics could be an issue, would probably want to run them off the RTV Aux hydros because the RTV alternator won't put out enough juice to run front, back and wings.

Very interesting concept.

Check with Jim at Ebling. 616-532-8400
  3. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

The 1100 rtv has the bigger alternator cause it has ac. It also has rear hydros. Arent the eblings self contained. Like a snow plow. Just install a hot wire???

How big ebling do you think the rtv could handle??
  4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Ask JD Dave, he uses one I think.
  5. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

I would suggest calling Ebling and having Jim fab one up for you.. He'll be able to give you a better idea on what it can handle, and what's involved in installing it and what not.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How much bigger of an alternator?

Yes, they can be self-contained, but if you could run one off the RTV's hydros, I would. That's a lot of juice to run a front and back plow, lights and heater.

12' maybe?
  7. Nick Estes

Nick Estes Member

who do i contact about purchasing a swing wing for my 08 sierra 2500hd. some help would be appreciated
  8. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

nick, call jim at ebling like mark said above or try bob at b&b 616-878-1120. they both make a good back blade. but i think i like eblings set up a bit better. (of course when i purchased the two i have now i liked the b & b better so thats what i have) they are on chevy 2500 hd's
  9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

agreed with running it off the hydros, you'd burn through that alternator pretty quickly.

my school, University of Akron, uses a fleet of RTV with blizzard straightblades for snow removal on the tighter areas of campus and they work really well. the diesel and all wheel drive make them pretty powerful.
  10. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i dont think it would pull a very large blade would it? seems like a pretty light weight vehical to me? no really too sure having a swing wing would be all that use full if it cant pull it , or keep it from slding sideways? might want to consider just a plain jain rear plow
  11. biggs7199

biggs7199 Junior Member

swing wing

call bob at b&b truck on 100th st. they build them all the way up to 16'