1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swing Frame.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Tuck11, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Tuck11

Tuck11 Junior Member

Can the hole where the bolt goes through the swing frame be repaired. When plowing today I noticed what looks like the bushing that mounts into the swingframe broke loose.

Can this bushing be rewelded back into the swingframe or do I need to replace the complete swingframe?

Any suggestion on how to toughten this up? Looks like kind of a weak link on the Sno-Way.

The model is a Predator 24. Year, 2000

Thanks

Tuck11

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sure you can weld it as long as it's not been ran too long in that condition.

3. Tuck11

Tuck11 Junior Member

Re: SWING FRAME

Thanks for the advice Basher,
    I took the swingarm to the place where I bought the Snow-Way from, and he said he has not seen this before, but he straightened the swing-arm and re-welded the bushing. Looks and operates like new.

Was a little premature about my weakest link comment. Sorry Snow-Way.

Dealer did say it looked like the weld on the bottom was more prevalent on the bushing side and less on the swing-arm side which he felt caused the break.

Oh well cost of doing business.( 250.00 for re-welding) still cheaper than a new swing-arm.

Again, thanks for the advice about getting it welded

Tuck11

2000 Tundra Limited
    2000 Snow-Way predator 24 w dp

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Or about $32 a year not bad.:D