1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swing away mount

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Mr. Jon, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

I have a SP-325 junior. It's small but not a problem, it holds 4 bags of salt and I don't mind refilling it. What I do mind is losing the ability to open my tailgate and having to remove the salter to use my trailer hitch. So I am looking at a swing away mount, not the pivot pal b/c that still uses the hitch. I know the swing away mount is only designed for the SP-1075, but I'd rather not buy a new salter, and I don't need a bigger one. Any ideas on custom mounting the SP-325 on the SP-1075 swing away mount? Anyone done anything similar? I figure it can be done with some metal and a welder.

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

That things so small and light, why not just take it off?

3. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

That's why I got the small one and that's what I've been doing. I guess since I've used it more than ever this winter it's bothering me. Every time I load or unload the snowblower, or reload salt in the bed, I take the thing out, set it on the ground, do what I have to, close the tailgate and then put it back. Just looking for a faster, more efficient way.