1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swenson v-box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by concreteguy, Oct 28, 2013.

1. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Anybody have any feed-back on an electric v-box by Swenson. I was thinking about the 10' version
    Thanks, Tom

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Auger version: only if you have the patience of Job and a backup salt truck.

Conveyor version: huge improvement but the spinner needs some work.

3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

They had some issues with the auger version and controller issues too. Depends who you call and what they have in stock. If they have auger version they will try and sell you that.

4. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a swenson 8ft. electric v box and have no gripes or problems. Replace a bearing and chain from time to time, but that's it. The unit is one of the first swenson electric v's that came out. I believe my was a prototype used for display.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

6. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Thanks for the replies, I ended up going with the Honda motor. I've always had good results and no issues with the gas motor. Just thought that the electric might be better. Going with what I know works and the truck is parked inside