1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swenson Stainless Steel V Box Gas Power

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Team_Arctic, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

Purchased new in fall of 2010. Good chain and spinner. Just oiled up everything today and did the pre season run through. Wireless controller. NO Wire harness needed! Ready to Spread. New Carb on motor at the end of last season.

$2700

IMG_20130917_070341_269[1].jpg

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Boy that be cool wireless controller

Looks like your top mesh gates are little bent

I have a SS Swenson cord style I bought new in mid 90s Swenson makes a good V box

3. Team_Arctic

It is nice, Yes the top is bowed in a little. Its from dumping the chunky stuff then the chunks bounce around up there all day and bend it down.. It can be straightened

4. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I am still a fan of the gas powered salt spreaders, the cord is not a big deal I run the cable and install a small 6 pole socket behind the cab. Then I just plug the socket in behind the cab. I can send you a pic of the set up if you like. Just e-mail to_buy@yahoo.com "Salt spreader" in the subject line

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That's a good idea But I like the way my cord is I can put in any truck I want

wireless would be the thing to have

Fee bump up on a good deal

6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

What size is it?

7. Team_Arctic

It is an 8 foot

8. Team_Arctic

$2500 cash money takes it

9. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

$2,200 you bring it to Crystal Lake, IL or $2,000 and I'll pick it up.

10. Team_Arctic

im not going that low. id let it go for 2400 but you have to come get it.