1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swenson Sand and Brine Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cardsin2005, Dec 7, 2011.

1. cardsin2005

cardsin2005 Junior Member

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and the snow plow field. The property maintenance company I work for bought a plow truck with a Swenson v-box spreader in the back. It has 2 14 gal. tanks mounted on the sides of the v-box for salt brine spray. It looks like the spray mixes in with the sand before it hits the spreader. In the box with the pump is "electric valve looking thing" It has 2 wires going to it from the harness and in/out hoses. Does anyone know what that is. My guess is that it is a sensor that kills the pump when the tanks are empty, but I am not sure. Any info would be great.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

3. cardsin2005

Hey that's a nice place. I hope you enjoyed your stay. Thumbs Up

4. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

Post a picture.

5. cardsin2005

It was hard to tell what it was but when I took it out of the waterproof box it was in I noticed that it was a well pump pressure switch made by square d.