1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swenson Salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by azandy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. azandy

azandy Member

We bought a new salter this year. It is a Swenson. The dealer said it now comes with a wireless control. I said sure, thats fine. Well, it's a little key fob that will probably get lost one day, Anyway, unlike the rocker switches we had before that you could actuall feel the control, this one has little buttons. Yest. was our first salt event and you have to push the button once to turn the clutch on and push it again to turn it off. Problem is, it's hard to hear if it on or off and we ended up salting some roads.Thought I pushed the button but must not have hit it just right. I called the dealer to explain and he laughed at me. P'd me off. He said it will cost me $400.00 to get the old stly wire harness and control box and he won't take back the new style. Anyone have this issue?

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i would just re wire it your self , its simple