1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swenson polyhawk

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by exclusive, Oct 18, 2010.

1. exclusive

exclusive Member

I was looking at the swenson polyhawk electric 2yd poly unit does anybody have any insite on them thanks

2. snownice

snownice Junior Member
    from 60010

Had several of them. They were OK but didn't like the fact that there was no way to control the feed from the cab.

3. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Very very simple units. Just pos and neg to a single switch. downfall is no control over spread pattern. Just drive a little faster.

4. SGC08

SGC08 Member

I have one and love it. The poly box holds up fine. Mine even faired pretty well when we dropped it with the excavator while loading it on the truck.:dizzy:

I have the wireless remote which is nice. You can start it, control the throttle and operate the clutch from in the cab. The best part is, with no wires it is self contained and can be easily switched to another vehicle if needed.

5. SGC08

SGC08 Member

Sorry, I re-read your post. I didn't realize you were talking about the electric model.

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

If anyone has any input on the meyers they are the same unit.