1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SWENSON PLOW ANYONE????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRIMOW525, Jan 22, 2001.

1. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

I have a 83 GMC 3500 2wd with a ...get this.... 8ft. Swenson Spreader Snow plow. NO ONE has parts. I am told they are not made anymore. Thankfully the pump is a monarch under the hood kind,(which angle right doesn't work). I had western angle rams put on, only by measurement , and a E-47 to control the rig with new wiring and a slik switch attached to my gearshift. I hate retro fitting although set up works fine. Any hope on finding stuff??? PS: The truck is an ex-town truck from Salford TWSP Pa. So I think this may be a highway application

2. MAG

MAG Junior Member

I'M IN THE SAME BOAT THAT YOU ARE IN . I HAVE A PHILLIPS SNOW PLOW AND I CAN NOT GET ANY PARTS FOR IT TOO. SO I HAVE TO EATHER MAKE THE PART OR HAVE SOMEONE TRY TO FIX IT.

3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

This is what I would do,buy a used western,fisher or diamond blade setup and weld the ears to mach your truck frame and then you will never have the problem of finding parts. Keep the blade you have know for a spare.

4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Mag & Brimrow,
    Welcome to lawnsite.
    Sorry for all the problems with off brand plows.
    I think you're going to have a problem with parts as I've never seen these listed in any of the aftermarket suppliers catalogues.

Mag,
    Helpful hint...
    Lose the caps, dude.

5. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

What ever you do don't go buy a western or fisher or meyer pump,buy a under the hood off brand pump and switches for a third the price and parts can be bought at any hydralic component shop and at a fraction the cost.The northman plows I used to have had a fenner pumps and they worked great you can choose larger motors,tanks sizes and a host of diffrent controls.

6. J Emerick

J Emerick Junior Member

Swenson Snow Plows

I have a Swenson Snow Plow from a older Ford F250 ( 1979 ) that I thought of installing on a new 2013 Ford F250.

I think I can, there does not seem to be enough room to mount the Monarck control & motor under the hood.

I always liked the Swenson because of being under the hood mounting for the motor. No theft or weather de-grading.

Any ideas out there.

If unable to mount on new truck, I would be interested in selling to someone.
    I have everything, cab controls, motor, sub frame, mold board, etc.

Jim in Balto. Maryland

7. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

2001? Someone dug deep l