1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swenson/Meyer PolyHawk

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by AE1, Dec 20, 2011.

1. AE1

AE1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I'm looking at a Used swenson Poly Hawk spreader near by, its about 4-5 years old, only used for 1/2 a year, and stored inside since, It has an extra briggs power unit to go with. I was wondering what you guys thought it was worth?

Also wanted to ask about the new controls (hand-held wireless)...How do they work? (good? bad?) and would it be possible, as well as feasable to change this one over to the hand-held wireless being that it has a full harness and control box?

2. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

meyers website wants just under 500 for the whole wireless unit to add onto the spreader

3. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

subscribing w/interest. curious how the wireless controls work out, been looking at a meyer poly w/wireless.

4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ Junior Member

we have a poly hawk spreader. I pretty much hate it. I bought it with the techum engine unfortunately. I'm currently looking to swap with a honda engine. Do not even think about leaving material in it. And have fun trying to get parts. The yoke bearings and spindles should be done about every year or two. Guess you can see I'm not a fan!