1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swenson LPV Electric V-Box????

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DuallySnoPusher, Dec 19, 2005.

1. DuallySnoPusher

DuallySnoPusher Senior Member

I have been looking between the SnowEX Electric V-Box and the new Swenson LPV Electric V-Box. I have a tailgate and was looking at upgrade. I have used the Swenson gas powered but nothing electric. I was wondering if anyone has any input for me about electric spreaders.

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I bought the LPV this winter and have run 10 loads thru it and it has worked great. I did change the drive sprocket to a smaller size to increase the flow rate. The one from factory was okay but a little on the slow side. Another thing that would be better is for it to have a swing away chute. I am going to take a hard look at it to try and make it quick and easy to remove allowing to pull a tralier quickly.I used to run a gas Snoway.No thanks and never again. It is so nice to just hit the switch and go.:)

3. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I have a sno-way lo-pro electric and love it. I looked at swenson but they were more expensive. I think you will like that unit because they make solid spreaders. Also once you go electric you will never go back! the best hands down. I will only own electric from here on out.