1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swenson 2 yd Stainless Electric Salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Phil1747, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

Selling my box because I'm going to work for someone else for snow and thinking about getting out of it for good. This box couldn't have been used more than 10 times and was always washed before it was put away. I had problems getting paid early last year and made the decision to get out before I lost everything and was fighting for pennies on the dollar. It does have 2 amber strobes built in on the back of the unit, and built in brake light. This box is all stainless, chain drag conveyor, inverted V over the chain, screen on the top, I have all the controllers and wiring and really can't say a bad thing about it. This thing is built for the Residential that only wants to buy one salter for the life of them or the commercial company that wants a work horse for their fleet. This salter fits in a 6 3/4 ft bed as well as a 8ft bed. The pictures are the unit in a short bed F250.

I accept Cash, Credit(2% fee), and Cashiers Check

Specs I have on the unit:
    - 12,500 lbs tensile strength self cleaning pintle chain for improved conveyor performance
    - 45 degree slope on hopper sides to insure materials flow to the conveyor
    - Inverted vee forming located over the conveyor chain reduces the load on conveyor chain and
    helps prevent tunneling
    - Top screens to prevent larger chunks and debris from entering hopper
    - Flip up spinner for travel
    - Spinner frame works for pick up or dump box mounting applications
    - Durable 13" polyurethane disc for greater life and improved spread pattern
    - 3 adjustable external spinner baffles to restrict size of spread pattern
    - 4' - 40' spread pattern
    - Size: 8' long x 34" tall x 50" wide
    - Weight: 900 lbs
    - Capacity: 2.0 cubic yards
    - 16 gauge Stainless Steel Construction
    - Material Handling: Rock salt, sand, salt / sand mix, 3/8 chips, magnesium chloride, treated rock salt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16147370505...em=&sspagename=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/tls/4746794380.html

Salter 1.jpg

Salter 2.jpg

Salter 5.jpg

Salter 6.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Nice unit, good luck with the sale.

3. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

Thanks had a few hits from craigslist but not willing to give it away

4. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

Looks like salting event/snow for tuesday in the chicagoland areas...
    Pm me or call
    847-878-6558
    -Phil

5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That thing looks sweet, I love the look of stainless steel! Good luck with the sale.

6. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

weekend bump $4000 OBO

7. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

8. Phil1747

Phil1747 Member

Sold Sold Sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.