1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sweet hinker

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by nathan11507, Dec 27, 2012.

1. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

well finally got to use the hiniker today for the first time ever not brand new but new to me...and all i have to say is wow....im impressed...compared to the meyers i had for the last four yrs......that meyers was a p.o.s compared to theis hiniker.....time for some wings now and ill be one happy kid lol
  2. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

You feel the power. You are forever changed. :D They've designed a great plow from day 1. I just wish they could update things once in a while. Like offer optional wings. (they now do for their V) Maybe update the electrical connections to something more robust, like Western has.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

They did change the electrical connector, looks the same but different
  4. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Me too! We finally got a plowable snow Tuesday night through Wednesday so I got to put the Hiniker 8.5' poly vee I just got through its paces. I loved it. I've always been a full trip straight blade guy, but after 22 hours of plowing with the new one I'm sold on the trip edge. We have an 8' full trip steel straight plow with Pro Wings that is 2 years old now and we really like it but after running the trip edge vee I think I'd like to trade the straight for a poly scoop plow just for the trip edge since that truck only has a 4 function harness. I doubt it'll ever happen and whether it does or not really doesn't matter, I still like both of these plows a lot.
  5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

you got to change your location now that you got snow
  6. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

You familiar with Murphy's Law? I think I'll just leave it like it is. :nod:
  7. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I have a 8.5 Poly v and a 8' scoop plow I like them both. The scoop polw is awesome for 2-4" lake effect snow fall. I think I would like to get a 9' scoop just for when the plow is at a full angle.