1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sweet forcast SW PA!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by kandklandscape0, Jan 1, 2008.

1. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

If you cancel you dr appointment then you won't get the snow. You might want to wait on that till you see 2 inches on the ground. :waving:

3. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Oh ya when i heard that forcast I allmost died, shame is i dont plow, just use a snowblower to clear a few drives, but the sad part is i have to work tommorrow my reg job back too work for me :(

4. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

NO Snow here yet. :( :( :( :(

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I am seeing 2-4 inches tonight:bluebounc I have off school tommorrow so I how we get a ton!!!!!payup

6. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

so far i got is a lot of wind no snow yet, there calling for some but my vacations over back to my 6am reg job

7. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I was out salting this morning. payup Now I'm sitting here wondering why it hasn't started snowing again yet like they said it would be doing right now. :angry:

8. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Good Morning plowsite its 5:15am i just woke up and looked outside my window, and low and behold what do i see but that white stuff. well i dread today as for i return to my Reg job.i get some photos later but it looks like 3". for those plowing in SWPa go make that payuppayup

9. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

my house at 2:30 am is 4"
    shop 10" at 3 30 am
    plowed shop at 3 30 am and around another 4" at 12 pm
    my house is on higher elevations... shop is around 20 min away usually it snows 3x more at my house today was diff

just got done right now plowing. 2:30 am to 530 pm goodnight!

10. Young Pup

Get that well deserved sleep. I was out for about 12 hours today too. Got a nap and I feel like I have a hangover. Shold have just stayed awake. LIght snow right so it will be a salt run tonight.

11. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

You guys are lucky, all i had was 3 inches in my driveway, i didnt fire up the 2450 cause i didnt want to wake my neighbors up at 6am. next time i will cause when i returned from work half the snow in my drive was gone..i really didnt get any real good pics either.i post a few more i took while driving to work

total snow.jpg

DSC00819 front yard.jpg

12. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

2 more of me driving to work and one of my stuff

drive in 2.jpg

driving into work.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  13. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I got only a 1-1.5 inches. Oh well, it was still enough to have to plow. payup

14. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

well if i was a landscaper or a snowplower i would of been happy, but I'm a construction surveyor so i was back to reg job today :(

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ya I went out at 7 this morning to clean 3 of my places but that was it. More tonight=2 hour delay:bluebounc

16. Young Pup

Fire that snow blower up. I saw plenty of people using them around here that early.

17. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Damn right i will next snow we get i will be firing it up not worring about neighbors

18. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I used to feel the same way upon using the snowblower early in the morning. I would just come back later to finish the walks. I gave that up real quick. Now I just snowblow no matter what time it is and have not had a complaint as of yet. So as someone else mentioned..........Fire that thing up!!!

John