1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sweeping?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by vis, Dec 29, 2005.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

just saw a threat about power brooms, got me thinking.

I do alot of sand sweeping in the spring, and to prep curbs for bobcat sweeper, we use this (See pic). does a great job and is really quick.

Another problem is sidewalks in the winter, and snow removal. any1 ever use one of these and know how much snow it can actually move? im thinking like 1-4 inches or so.

ATTVI97M.jpg

2. snowman4848

snowman4848 Junior Member

depends on the snow. WET/HEAVY about 1" at max LIGHT/FLUFFY 2 or 3" max

We use these machines all the time for walks.... They work great

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would get a curb brush for your pick up bobcat broom.

Or get a echo power broom. Great for getting in the corners of a parking lot and around parking barriers.

4. Lehner&Sons

Lehner&Sons Junior Member

We just started using one this year! Seems to work great for the smaller stuff. I have yet to haul it out for anything over 2"-3". Much faster then a shovel for the small amounts and if it is over the 2"-3" mark we just bring the snowblower! Give it a try on your next smaller snowfall and I am sure you will be happy with it!

Chris

5. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

just went on the site, they do offer a 4ft snow blade and a 32'' snow blower, i think the blade would make short work of alot of my accounts hmmmmmmmmm:waving: