1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sweeping lots in Toledo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sweepingplus, Aug 27, 2001.

1. sweepingplus

sweepingplus Junior Member

The laws may be different depending on where one plows or sweeps, but... has anyone recieved any problem when plowing snow into city street curbs?
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

its illegal here to plow it across the street. ive heard of a few people being fined for it. i dont know if thats what you were referring to.
  3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe it's 'cause I'm from Canada, but I'm a little :confused: by your question - I'm interpreting it as whether it's OK to plow snow into the street, my understanding is that in the vast majority of places that's a no-no that can end up costing you $$$. :(

Mind you, I could have read the question wrong too. Could you clarify it a bit?
  4. sweepingplus

Thanks for the feedback... I assumed it would be a problem, but ocassionally when it snow so damn much there is no where to put the snow. Being from Canada and the East Coast this must be a no brainer... but I landed a contract in downtown Toledo and there is nowhere to put the snow- I was aware of the fines, but I guess I was wondering if I could get away with it. by the by, are any of you all in the sweeping business??? that is in the parking lot sweeping? I decided to invest some coin in that area. I'd appreciate some feedback.

5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

What you'll need to do in this situation is account for the cost of stacking/hauling away snow in your contract. (Loader & dumptruck,if you don't have the equipment yourself this work can be subbed out)

I know what you mean about nowhere to put the snow - a lot of urban areas are so built up there's hardly any room the people let alone anything else!
  6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Where in Downtown?

Most Toledo cops are cool about pushing across the street, but watch out for the State police they will nab you in a heart beat, Trust me I know!
  7. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

I do some sweeping. We do about 60% Airfield work and 40% streets and parking lots. We have 5 Tymco mounted on International chassis'. Start up a thread in the heavy equipment and pavements forum here at Plowsite and we can get more in depth if you want. There a few more sweeper's around here too, maybe they'll join in.

Talk to you later!
  8. sweepingplus

Thanks Guido...

I guess right now I serve as Dick's translator- Dick and Steve (sweeping plus partners) have been working hard finding out as much as they can about communicating on the Intenet. Dick has been in the excavating business for years, making good money- and in the snow plowing business for years. He gave up everything and invested in the Sweeping Plus. Dick (and Steve) have asked me to help them get established in the Internet and I have created a website for them and have tried to get them involved. I will make sure they read their email but for now I want you all to know I check their **** all the time. Worry not, becaue I will make them comfortable with the Internet and sites like this, but they are hesitant. I'm sure once they realize the advantages they will be participate. Call Dick at 419-467-1361 or keep in touch with me... he'll be on the ball. For the record, the question I asked was legitimate from Dick and Steve-- They are plowing a site just across the High Level Bridge (in downtown) on the East side of Toledo at a fast food joints(s). Thanks and we'll be in touch Guido...

9. sweepingplus

Plowing snow in streets

We plowed some fast food restaurants last Winter- althoough we never got any slack for doing that, we were just wondering of anybody's experience. Thaks for the feedback.