1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sweeping for the Government

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by hoopdavies, Jun 29, 2007.

1. hoopdavies

hoopdavies Junior Member
    from Va

Hello all,

My second post here. My desire to enter the sweeping business is because of the amount of Government sweeping jobs there are where I live in VA. My biz partner has Native-American disabled veteran classification with the government. Meaning that he qualifies for "First Dibs" on any government contracts because he is a minority. This allows him to win contracts even if he bids higher than other contractors.

Whats it like to contract with the Government? Can this make money?

Thanks

2. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

hm... biz partner. You have the potential for heartbreak all over this one. If your future partner relies on his minority status he's likely to get tired of you hanging on for the ride if he feels he's the main reason your company would get contracts. Greed might set in and he'll go his own way. Also, sweeping is more expensive to start than you may be aware of. Also partners in business have a high failure rate.

Just some thoughts to ponder on.

:)