1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sweepers (windrowing style)

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by derekbroerse, Aug 18, 2005.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I'm just curious... how many people on here use a power sweeper with no vaccuum? I'm talking about the tractor mounted rotary brooms. Obviously they aren't great for keeping the dust down, but I was just wondering how effective they are.
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I have one. Great for sweeping up streets. But thats about it. I am planning to get a 15 gallon atv sprayer from tsc to mount to it. For dust control. Mine is a 3pt mount that swings towards the tractor. Its great because you can drive forwards when running it. Bad part is the tractor and I get covered in dirt and dust.
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Any idea how well it would work with the water? (ie: have you tried hosing the work area down first?) Does it just push everything aside, even the 'mud'?
  4. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

I use A bobcat 743, with 3 types of sweeping attactments. A power angle broom for curbs, windrowing lite material. A forward broom for lite to medium material. And A reverse broom for heavy packed marerial, mud, big rocks, thatching grass. All the brooms have 3 -5 sprayers on them for dust control. The bobcat has a 30 gallon water tank system on it with finger tip control.
    All in all its a great system for spring clean up. It works best when the material A little damp to real dry.