1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sweden

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Micke, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Micke

Micke Junior Member
    from Sweden

Hello
    My name is Micke and this is my first post on your forum. I have wisited the forum in the last years, I must say that you have some awsome wehicle.
    I live in Sweden and I hope you exuse my bad english... but I hope you understand me
    My work is to drive timbertruck but in this winther I will have juor some weekends to plow a half city here. We juse a Volvo L90 with a diagonalplow(?) at the front. Here are a picture of an other L90 that is plowing where I live. I get you a better pictures when we got our tractor back home again.
    [​IMG]

The ordinary plowtruck in Sweden is a truck with a front diagonalplow and one wing on the right side of the truck. Here are 2 pictures of a Scania that is plowing the road near my house.
    [​IMG]
    This pictures is just one day old and it looks like the winther will be early this year :D

Here is a picture from last winther where you can se the wehicle better
    [​IMG]

2. Micke

Micke Junior Member
    from Sweden

But we have some "bigger" trucks to. My father works at the local small airport here and fixed a fue pictures for you of 2 of theys snowwehicle. To the left is a Volvo L120 with a "kojakthrow" and at the right, a Scania allwheeldrive with 8meters front diagonalplow, under the "trailer" a 6meter steelbrush and then a airhighpressure thrower to get the snow away.
    [​IMG]

The front of the 8meters diagonalplow.
    [​IMG]
    They have 2 of that Scania.

I hope you like to here from Sweden.
    /Micke

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow - For being from a 3rd world country you sure have some nice equipment :jester:

Just kidding...welcome to the site and those pictures are really cool :nod:

4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Wlcome to Plowsite! That is some cool equipment you have access to!

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I wanna move to Sweden!

6. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Nice pictures, you sure have some nice equipment over there-

7. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

how do you figure Sweden is a third world country??? Clearly you have never been there I highly suggest if you get the oppertunity to go take the trip it is beautiful there not to mention the women :drinkup:

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Awesome equipment!

How much snow do you get there each winter?

9. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Nice equipment. That's got to move a lot of snow fast!

10. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

Hey Micke, you have to get some pictures of those machines working! I'm sure we would all like to see them in action!

11. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Welcome to plowsite! Nice stuff. :waving::drinkup:

12. Micke

Micke Junior Member
    from Sweden

Thanks all of you.

dfdsuperduty: Yes you right, the nature here is nice. From flat open fields to high mountain. I would like to show sweden in some pictures but it´s not possible. It´s just to... hm, dam vhats that word in english... well different landscape.

stroker79: Thats hard to answer beqause Sweden is so long. In south there is almost no snow at all and upp north it can be upp to about 2meter. Where I live... little north of the center of Sweden, we jus to get about ½ meter. Maby this year we get more... I hope so :rolleyes:

BETHELSKIER: Yep... I gues you mean those 8meters equiped Scanias. Those 2 Scanias don´t nead many minutes to clear the whole runway. It´s impresive to stand next to them when the plow... those stealbrushes dig about 10cm right don´t thru ice... and thats in a high speed.

04f350powerv-xt: I can tray. But don´t hope on to much. I don´t think they allow pepole to be near them when the plow.

--------------------
    Sorry for my bad english!

13. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Don't worry about it. You speak English better than any of us speak Swedish.

Actually, you speak better English than some of the American members on here do. :)

14. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Hello Micke, Welcome to our group. We are glad to hear from you! You European guys really know how to build ...uhmmm anything with an engine! But Euro trucks are awesome and serious duty! The Uni-Mog is a perfect example of that, let alone the Mann trucks that run Dakkar! Does my motorcycle look familiar? Thats a WR 360 Husqvarna, The best enduro's ever built!
    [​IMG]

15. Micke

Micke Junior Member
    from Sweden

Wicked500R: Thanks! Yepp many euro trucks is quite(?) duty.
    Nice to see some Huskvarna "over there"
    When I´m on 2wheels, I need to leave that engine home :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

If I want an engine I need 2 extra wheels ;)
    [​IMG]

------------------------
    Sorry for my bad english!

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice trucks Micke. I think I want one of those tandem Scania's with the front plow and wing. That's some awesome visibility. Single axle would be even better.

I really like the airport rig. Lot better and more efficient than here. In the US they buy at least 2 but most of the time 3 trucks to do the same job that ONE does.

Love to visit there someday, especially in the winter.

No problem on the English, sure isn't worse than a lot of the American typing that occurs. ;)

17. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

mark there are a couple of airports in the US with those scanias, but not to many, they are at least 250,000 if not more.

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nah, can't be, why would anyone want to be efficient. $250K isn't that much when you consider the OshKosh's run at least $125K just C&C. Then to upfit them, then you have to have 2 operators, etc. etc.

19. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

lol, it sure wont be the government that wants to be efficient. i hope someone posts a video of one of those scania/ vammas plowing a runway, hint hint. :)

20. Micke

Micke Junior Member
    from Sweden

Thanks.
    One reason that make a tandem better than a singelaxel is that you can use it in the summer to. With tandem or boggie you can use it as a regular hm... now it´s hard to find the right word... a regular truck for roadbuildings and all times when you transport gravel.
    The payment for plowing in Sweden is just to low to have a uneffective truck.

Many airports here in Sweden juse that combo of Scania. The airport here have 4flights/day, just to give you a hint of how big the airport is.

Your welcome, Sweden is here and waiting for you ;)
    [​IMG]