1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swede tach v-plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Dec 11, 2000.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I've seen these before in mags and have seen their literature but a v-plow from them for a skidsteer is like $6,000. Most v-plows for skidsteers are around $3000 . Has anyone used a swede tach v-plow? are they worth the extra money? It said someone from connecticut had one in their brochure on a volvo loader. has anyone used them?

Bryan

2. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

I looked at one of these this past summer at a public-works open house. The plow is heavier-duty than any I have seen before. It has the quick-change cutting edge, grease fittings throughout, and I believe the sales guy said it was T-1 steel throughout too, unlike most blades that are rolled mild steel. The hydraulic system had pressure relief and accumulator action right on the blade, I guess to protect the plow from ill-equipped prime movers.

I was looking at putting it on my JD 310C, but I could not justify the $12,000 (Canadian) price, along with the need to build my own mount to the TLB.