1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swapping ST-7.5 to meyer C-8.5 questions

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by badbowtie, Mar 5, 2015.

1. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I have a 99 k3500 crew cab long bed dually I have been subbing last year and this year for a guy that we do allot of apartments and normally we all end up at the schools to finish. I have been using a the st-7.5 that I have a set of pro wings on to make it 9.6 wide I don't take the wings of in between jobs at all. It is just barely wide enough being a long bed and crew cab and dually I really have to watch my fenders and tires on curbs and cars close. I picked up a c-8.5 plow couple weeks ago and haven't done anything to it yet. I was going to order new angle rams since have a little bit of pitting and are leaking a tad. I am only running a e47 that I just switched the pump and motor to a e57 the other day. I just want to make sure that with that pump setup I am not going to have problems with the heavier plow. I also am going to have to fab brackets that way I can put the wings on them. I will still need them I know the 8.5 is not wide enough but will have to remove driving sometimes being 10.6 wide is really pushing it. Just looking for more of the commercial plow that is meant for what I am doing and try to keep it from floating on me while pushing big piles.

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

it will work but the e 60 is better

3. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

yeah the e47 is a tried and true system they used to run 10` plows in the early days. The e60 is a little bit better pump in the reliablitly department but i have an e47 on my dump with a cp-8 and it does just fine. Just dont expect no quick lifts or turns while plowing.

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Any of Meyers Pumps will work on your plow set up,the E47 is the oldest of the power angle pump, tried and true the E57 is a good all around and strong pump, the E60 is the power house pump imho

5. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

wow old thread ,e 60 is best meyer pump made

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016