1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swapping Plows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Vermontster, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

New member, first post. I have a 1987 Ford F 250 pickup which I ordered new. 6.9L diesel, 4x4. I just got a 1989 F 250 pickup, 5.0L gas, 4x4. Body is shot, I got it for the old style Speedcast which is in great shape. I think this should be a fairly easy swap. I'm thinking about replacing the front springs first. I don't have time this year to do it, I'm going to plow my yard with the donor truck this winter. I've been lurking on the site for awhile, and checking out the links to the Fisher library. I haven't been able to find any installation instructions for my pickup. Any input is welcome good or bad!

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

they are simple for those trucks remove shock towers rebolt them on then they bolt on the bumper brackets real simple usually jusy rust and my need to torch some bolts off

3. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

I was finally able to get the truck running. I thought the coil was bad but it was the diode on the side of the distributor. She's all greased and ready for action. I got it to put the plow on my '87, but I'm going to plow with it and see what happens. So here is my $900 gem. I hope I wasn't ripped off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what a shot body looks like these days?! Im so far past shot.

lol, just busting on you.

Doesn't seem bad for a whole truck. Someone put MM1 headlights on it, looks better than the big monsters.

I paid 1k for mine non-running condition with a MM1.

Got pics of your other rig?

5. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

This is the '87, been repainted more times than I can remember. I have some N.O.S. Grote plow lights to put on when I do the swap. I was hoping someone could tell me what model the plow is.

[​IMG]

6. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

I guess i didn't know the speedcast plows had models to them. Just thought that's all they were considered.

Very clean looking truck there.

7. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

I'm getting ready to do the swap this summer. Does anyone have an '87-'91 F-250 6.9L with a Fisher? I would like to see how the pump is mounted. The front springs are the original ones, so I'm putting new ones on. Also the radiator support is shot, thats getting replaced.

8. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

So it seems this plow is a Speedcast series H.
    8' wide
    29' tall
    8 blade ribs
    4 springs
    Both pickups are at the upfitters. Should have some pics by next week.

9. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

Stopped to visit them today. The pickup is mostly done, but they have gone hunting for a week! I had some NOS Dietz plow lights I was saving. Hopefully they don't look too goofy.

IMG_4733Re.JPG

IMG_4732Re.JPG

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I had put those same lights on a plow. Hated them with a passion. I got nothing but cornplaints. So I put the factory Westerns back on