1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swapping plow mounts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Polarisrider, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

hey guys, I am pretty sure that my truck is sold. I am planning on swapping my current plow (7'6" western ultramount) to a 3/4 ton

So If I find a Chevy/GMC 2500 HD year range 99-04 is there any chance that my ultramount mounts from my half tom chevy fit on a 3/4 ton or am I going to have to look for a different set.

current truck 2000 Chevy Sikverado 1500

Also I know chevy changed the body style in 03 so not sure if that will make a difference

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For '99-newer the mounts are different between the 1500 and 2500/3500 so you'll definitely need a different one. Bummer I know but that's just the way it works. Although your 1500 mount has some resell value to help offset the cost of the needed mount so all is not lost, you just need a buyer.

3. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

Thanks B&B, I bought the mounts for my 1500 used so I will proably just do the same for the 2500. So not a big deal.

What about the wiring is any of that useable.

Note- Plow came off 02 Dodge 1500 so I had to buy a new Isolation module and that came with 2 harnesses.

So is any of my electricial, truck sides stuff useable?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most and possibly all your wiring will be a direct fit depending on exactly which model year truck you purchase. Speaking specifically of the 2500HD's, if it's an '01 or '02 it's all reusable as is. However if it's an '03-'07 the headlamp adapter harness's will either need replaced or the old harness's re-pinned. This is assuming you have a 4 port Iso module.

If it's a newer 3 port system then even the light adapter harness's will work, simply flip the connector plugs 180 degree's from their current orientation at the headlamps and you're good to go.

5. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

So my truck goes to the shop tommorw to get wired for the plow

I am going to have my guy transfer all the electrical stuff from the 2000 Chevy 1500 to my 04 GMC 2500HD

Anything I might have to get or should I be all set with the previous stated information

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'll be all set. :salute:

7. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

does anybody have a diagram for repinning the connector or any diagrams for a 04 GMC 2500HD the electrical truckside stuff

pretty sure I have the 4 port iso module

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Diagrams

Simply compare the difference between the diagrams on page 41 (for the '00) and on page 42 (for the '04). Easy to see where you need to make changes for the headlamp harness's.

Note: be sure to use the page numbers in the actual document, not what is shown
    in the page counter at the top of the PDF file or you'll be on the wrong diagrams.

9. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

thanks B&B, I just printed all the diagrams, once I drag the plow out, I'll test everything and let you guys know how it works out.