1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swapping MM1 blade with speedcast blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by serafii, Sep 14, 2011.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I picked up an 8 foot MM1 for my chevy a few weeks ago. Only problem is that I need a 7.5 to fit into most of my residentials. I have a friend of minne who is willing to do an even trade, my 8ft for his 7.5ft. Only thing is that his 7.5ft is an old speedcast. I know I have to make room for the jackstand to go down but other than that, will the 7.5 fit my MM1 headgear?

Its one of the first MM1 that fisher came out with btw.

Thanks guys
  2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

i do not see why not? got blade here from a very eraly MM 1 and were putting on a speed cast.
  3. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I had a feeling it would. I guess my local fisher dealer doesn't know what he's talking about cuz he told me that mm1 and the speedcast hook up to the headgear completely differently.
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

5. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

no it wont fit
  6. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I measured the ends of the A frame where the 3 holes are and they both measure 25.5 inches so from my knowledge they are swappable.