1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swapping 6.5 for 7 or 7.5 meyers blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Emstaxi, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

If I puchase a 6.5 ft Meyers plow, will I be able to swap blades and put a 7 or 7.5 blade on the plow frame?
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Doubtful, the 2meter ad older 6 1/2 plows have narrower a-frames. A 2meter plow is a much smaller plow, unless you are going to put it on a small truck which won't take any bigger, put on a larger plow....Chuck
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You mean swap mold boards for a bigger one or hang a bigger plow on the truck?
  4. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

I dont have the exact info on the plow. It's a newer model though. The moldboard has the Meyers Max sticker on it. If I get it, its because its the closest thing that will fit on my truck...mounting bracket wise. Therefore I was trying to figure out if I could put a larger moldboard on the the plow frame.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2004
  5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Need a model number to be sure. Sounds like a 2meter poly. What truck are you putting it on...Chuck
  6. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

97 explorer. I believe the plow frame fits a bronco II. 1600 bucks... I dont have a whole lot of cash but running a snowbear (lol) just aint cuttin it.
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have a regular meyers 2 meter not a max i myself are looking for a 7ft blade
  8. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Man you just said the magic words, Snow Bear, look out!!
  9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Why not get a set of pro wings ?
  10. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

E-mail meyer meyer about mount. I would not put any bigger Meyer plow on an Explorer. Price sounds OK if in good condition...Chuck
  11. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Mdirrigation, Pro-Wings state that they won't fit a Meyer 2-Meter.
    Plow is not tall enough...Chuck

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I don't think the Bronco II mount will work on that year Explorer. The 89-90 Bronco II has the same nose as a 91-94 Explorer but I don't think the chassis is the same.
  13. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

I'm going to check out a used meyers 7.5. I think I can find a factory mount for my truck for under 375. If the plow is in decent shape, i'll pick it up, order the mount and save 300 bucks. thanks for all the input.
  14. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Only listing I can find is for Bronco II, and it is a 2-Meter which will not match up to a 7.5. Order your mount before you buy plow. Used plow are coming down in price, It's end of season...Chuck