1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swapping 350sb for a 454bb

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bossblu4x4, Oct 28, 2003.

1. bossblu4x4

bossblu4x4 Junior Member
    from oregon

would like to swap my 350sb for a 454bb in my 78 3/4ton 4x4 would like to know good or bad idea? thanks
  2. campi

campi Member

454 swap

i did change from 454 to 350 in my 80 1 ton not much differance i did some mods to 350 rv cam alum intake holley 600 carb, put heeders on used all the assy parts from 454 needed to modtify power steering pump to fit also needed to change fuel pump alittle to big by frame, 350 big weight differance , if 350 is ok why do you want to go to big block???? campi !!!!
  3. bossblu4x4

bossblu4x4 Junior Member
    from oregon

well what can I say?

Well Campi you are so right .Got crazy one night and thought theres no subittution for cubic inchs but then there is the weight poblem .What I'm thinking about is just rebuilding my 350 in the truck with a few mods and there will be less hassel. I'll keep you informed of my progess.By the way how did your mods do to the output to your 350?. Would like to know. thanks Boss blu 4x4:cool: