1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swapped 3 port module from 2004 2500HD to 2001 2500HD - Lights dont work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PewterZ, Nov 17, 2012.

1. PewterZ

PewterZ Junior Member
    from Mass.

Hey guys. I sold my 2004 Chevy 2500HD, bought a 2001 Chevy 2500HD. If i recall correctly, fishers eMatch showed the mounts, wiring and module being the same for both trucks. everything worked perfect on the 2004. I put the mounts on my 2001 and wired it up. Put the blade on. pump controls work. Directionals on plow work, no low beams, or high beams. It didnt turn the vehicle lights off when i plugged the plow in like it used to. All lights on vehicle working. Tried flipping one of the headlight connectors around, still nothing. All fuses ok. What did i miss? Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Should just be a matter of turning around all of the connectors where they plug in to the plow harness as the ground is on the opposite pin from an 04 to an 01 there is no other difference.

3. PewterZ

PewterZ Junior Member
    from Mass.

i tried flipping left low beam plug around to see if just the left plow light would come on, but the other 3 were still plugged in, dont know if that matters. Also, the parking lights dont work either.

4. brad96z28

Where in mass are you?

5. PewterZ

PewterZ Junior Member
    from Mass.

My shop is in stoneham

6. brad96z28

Ok kinda far. I was gona say stop by and we could figure it out. I would double ck that parking light wire make sure it is hooked up to the correct wire. So the truck lights work normal but the lights in the plow do not work at all? I would go over everything again I have also had my fair share of bad # 2 harnesses.

7. PewterZ

PewterZ Junior Member
    from Mass.

Today i noticed the parking lights on the truck werent working. Front parking light fuse was blown. I must have done it when i was swapping around the connectors on the ISO because the lettering on the harnesses is faded couldn't tell which one went where. With a new fuse, the parking lights on the plow worked, no surprise there, then just one headlight wouldnt work. Turned that connector around, now everything works fine. Thanks for the help and for reassuring me that i at least had the correct harness and module for the truck :salute:

8. brad96z28

I did not help much, but glad you got it fixed.