1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swaping plows

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by honda12967, Dec 20, 2010.

1. honda12967

honda12967 Member

Is it worth buy an older meyer set up for a few hundred off an 89 f250, and putting it on a 2001 f150. Its a 7'6 plow i believe that its the one before the tube style i for get the name ez classic maby. Im just looking for somthing to get me through the season and next, just wondering if its worth having my buddy fab the bracket to fit and wire it up. Any help is appreacited, im 18 looking to get into plowing more instead of stuck out side shoveling in the cold.

2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Is everything is there? Is everything in good working order? the pump, the A frame the plow control switch,
    this is the stuff that cost big bucks to fix, mostly the pump.
    if all this is good to go then I say go for it.

3. honda12967

honda12967 Member

Its all there, i believe it works. I'll have to check with my cousin, I dont think he used it for a few years. So I'll test it on the old truck first.

4. honda12967

honda12967 Member

How far off do you think that the brackets will be?

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

way off. you would be better off trying to find a truck side mount and tube setup for your 01