1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Swaping blades

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Henry0016, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Henry0016

Henry0016 Member

I just picked up a plow blade it is used. I am switching it out with the one i have now (Started getting a few holes ). I would like to switch the springs from old to the new one. But the new blade springs dont have slots for the nipples to fit out. Do the come out some how. The old blade has like a t shape so they are no probalem. Also for some reason someone cut of two of the brackets that go from the trip edge to the ribs . Anyone know why the would do this and is it ok to run the plow like that or should i switch the trip edge.

Any Help would be great

Thank You

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Without the tabs on the bottom of the base angle for the springs to mount to they are pretty much useless so change the base angle. As for getting the springs off, they make a spring removal tool that makes it a bit easier by taking the tension off the bolt on the bottom of the spring. I have gotten them off without the tool but remember that they are under alot of tension. On a side note, if the old springs are that old, it might be worth it to just change them out for some new ones, they dont last forever.