1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swaped pu bed for ub

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ADMSWELDING, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Here a few pics of my 99 f-350 i recently made into a ub.Need to get it decaled up next.

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks real good. Utility beds are great to have, you can take everything with you.

3. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

the 350 badge on the back gives it a nice touch!

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I'm surprised you don't have any red reflective tape on the rear. I would think that would be a good idea with the clear taillights. Looks nice though!

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

they do light up red wizard....i think a blue and white piece of reflective tape on the back tailgate cut like the red & white would look sweettt

6. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

Looks good. Where in Mass you from?

7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I know that, but I'm pretty sure FMVSS requires a certain amount of red reflective material (taillights or otherwise) on the back of a vehicle and on the rear sides, regardless of whether or not the taillights are on... (Think parked vehicle on the side of the road in the dark of night).

8. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Looks sweet. I think I would have painted the silver on the bottom of the service body, as well. Did you buy the body new or find a used one somewhere? I would like to have one on my truck, too.

kevlars

9. ADMSWELDING

Stoneham,I bought the body new did the install myself.I thought about two toning the body but i ,m heading more towards loosing the silver on the cab as my other truck is all black.The reflective tape will be put on soon was still kinda debating about location.Ilike the blue/white reflective tape idea though.May leave it all black and apply none if the cops don,t bother me.

10. ADMSWELDING

Thanks, popped it off my tailgate before i sold it with intention of mounting it on the ub.

11. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

came out great the claer lights look good with the black body and f-350 emblom looks good on the back of it.

12. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

wheres the miller?

13. ADMSWELDING

It,s going to go in and out as needed.I will be puting my trailblazer 300D to use on this truck.And will be building a back rack for behind the cab and a rear removable rack section for the rear to carry stock when needed, will post some pics when that part gets going.

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The new body looks great. Post more pictures after you build that rack.

15. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Nice looking truck!

16. ADMSWELDING

Thanks guys for the compliments.I will do on the pics, when i begin fabbing the back rack.Thumbs Up

17. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Very nice job!

18. ADMSWELDING

headrack pics

Here are the pics of the rack i,m fabbing for the new body.I,m having the top and the whole inside of the body linxed, then i will mount it after it gets painted blk.Will post more pics when i make progress.

P9161141.jpg

P9161142.jpg

P9161143.jpg

P9161144.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  19. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

The rack looks great can't wait to see the finish pics of it with all the lights on itThumbs Up

20. ADMSWELDING

lettered up

Got the back of the body lettered today, what ya guys think?Estimate for the linex was $650 thats getting done the 8th of oct.

P9191148.jpg