1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

swap new 8' pro for a 2 year old 8' pro plus? HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dissociative, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

hey guys, i just bought a brand new 8' pro plow and added the following it has nighthawks stock

-commercial guides
    -back drag and 1/2" cut

My plow boss likes it...a lot...and he has a GLENTLY used 2 year old plus that has old lights and a 1/2 worn edge. He will put on nighthawk lights, and edge for an even swap.

so...what do you think...i told him about it joking that he could drive around and push nothing with the brand new blade and he agreed...he doesn't really push and wants the new one for status...hehehe he told me i can take over all his "heavy" work (meaning i would be taken care of) if i swap. Hes a good friend.

NEW pro with all options----sawp-----2year old plus ...nighthwawks edge

the sheer size got me...i love the look of it on my truck...3" with 35's f250 but am i losing here??
  2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

If the "plus" is in as good a say as you say it might be worth trading, but I would get it in writing about him "taking care of you". Many a friendship has been ruined by money. Your brand new plow might break the day after you swap it to him and there goes you being taken care of...anything is possible!
  3. Dissociative

2 year warranty on my new one...not to worried about that..and hes a good friend...

more so about the equpit. value...is this a good trade or a bad move?...metal tp metal

pros/cons or the pro plus?? ..seemed like the frame was way better...this to me seemed like a no brainer...but i want your opinions
  4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't trade. You wanted a new plow and now you got one. No sense in trading a brand new one for a used one.
  5. Dissociative

but the difference between the por and the pro plus...have you seen it?...

i just think you need to see the 2 side by side to really notice the difference...it is friggin BEEFY..make mine look like a toy..

unless it isn't that big of an advantage...seemed like it was bullit proof almost...with the easy wings and the 4" taller board...ect.ect..all the better stuff on the plus
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, Keep your plow. The pro will work fine for commercial. If it was up to me i would keep it. Good luck

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

if his is in as good a shape as you say, and he does in fact put a new cuting edge and lights on it, i dont see why not, the plus is def a beefier plow, seems like a fair trade.
  8. Dissociative

well, closer inspection revealed a impact strong enough to bend cutting edge, bend a-frame, break weld on quadrant, and to top it it was missing a trip pivot pin MIA..My shop said it looked and felt as if it had 5-7 years use...and was only 2 years old..

needless to say...i'll be keeping mine...dealing with not having the "biggest" on the block..less weight on my front end...equal job performed...i just wish i woudl have ordered a plus at the time...can't get over how well built they are over the pro...

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah that sux, he prolly knew it was beat up alittle and was hoping you would't know any better.
  10. Dissociative

so...after 5 days i returned the pro for a proplus and had to pay 200 extra....now i have the plus and its brand new...

then he says he took it in for warranty and they fixed everything...but ine has the new lights..haha
  11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you could of just done that from the beginning.. haha gl on the pluspayup
  12. Dissociative

hindsight is 20/20 didn't know what i know now...shop was pretty cool to swap huh?