1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SW760 on a Jeep?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by B&K LawnCare, Dec 17, 2008.

1. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

Ok here is what I have. I have a 1999 Ram 1500 with a 760SW on it and the plow is way too small it isn’t even as wide as the truck. So I would like to mount an 860sw on it. What would that take? Could I use the same mount with some modifications? Also I have a jeep with a western plow, it weights roughly 550 lbs and the jeep handles it fine. I will be buying another jeep could I mount my 760SW on the Jeep? What would that take? Thank you
  2. truckie36

truckie36 Member

You may want to take the Ram back to the dealer and have them check the width. Specs say that it should only be 79.5 inches wide and the 760SW is 92 inches wide (12.5 inches wider than the truck).:D
  3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Speedwing on a TJ has been done.

google search for Rubicon Warn Speedwing, and hit the 4th link
  4. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

Yeah it’s wider if your straight, but when you angel the blade you can’t get close to anything with the plow because the truck is hanging out further.
  5. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

From what my dealer told me the 760SW & the 860SW mounts are totaly different. He told me the 860 mount is the same for there 810 & 8611 plows.
  6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

760 and 860 SW mounts should be the same, they are both HD mounts I think....
  7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

760 is an LD mount 860 is a HD mount. Not compatable.

P.S. plan on some spring upgrades