1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SW Wyoming 2010/2011

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Beachernaut, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Figured I'd start posting up some pics of our winter this year. The last couple years have been pretty mild, but this year is looking like we may have more snow (hopefully!).

No real good pics yet, but we're in the middle of an unexpected good storm. My house is surrounded by snow anywhere from ankle to knee deep. Unfortunately, my plow rig is getting new intake gaskets.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some pics. My daughter starting to not like winter, and I didn't have the heart to tell her that it's useless cleaning out in front of the tires when she has to back up. It was entertaining though.
    The other pic is out my office window. That fence is 6' and usually disappears mid winter in a snow drift.

Hopefully, I'll have my Blazer fixed tomorrow, and maybe get some plowing pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

so how far are you guys from jackson hole. I would love to move out there, but then again I would have to be a multi millionare

3. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

We're about 200 miles south of Jackson Hole. Not far from the Utah border.

4. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Beach,

How's the Wasatch?
    My mother grew up in Robertson
    She went to school in Mt View...many, many years ago.

Good Luck getting the truck fixed.

5. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

It's great. I grew up in Mt View.
    The Blazer is fixed. I was running around without a hood going through it's paces last night about midnight. I'll be throwing on the plow on my lunch break and hopefully get a couple driveways done.

6. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Well I put the plow on, and cleaned out my driveway. Man is it nice to have it running again. My driveway was anywhere from 4" to a foot deep. The snow was unusually wet and heavy (for here anyway), and I'm surprised how well the little rig handled it. When I get home I'll be putting my balast back in and making the rounds.
    Here're some pics I snapped while I was cleaning my driveway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

I really need to get a deflector for the plow...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  8. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

Mighty fine rig you got there mighty fine

9. 6.5 Chevy

6.5 Chevy Member

nice rig and plow it is nice

10. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Thanks guys. This Blazer and the homesteader are a bit small for the plowing I do, but I'm surprised how well they do.

11. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I like the garage

12. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Hehehe.... Thanks, that's my favorite part about my place. I've got room to work on my vehicles, and it's got a 12'x30' heated workshop in it. My wife complains that I spend more time in the garage than I do in the house.:)

13. lukynskywyrd

lukynskywyrd Member
    from wisc.

I was eyeballin the chevy

in the drive! I have some acreage outside of Riverton.

14. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

That old chevy in the background is my baby. It's a 79 1/2ton 4x4 short bed. My father bought it new and I bought it from him about 8 years ago. It's got 70k miles on it. I pulled the engine last summer and replaced the main and rod bearings, new intake, new cam, new exaust, new heads, etc. That old 350 gets the truck down the road nicely now.
    Here in the next few years I plan on fully restoring it.

15. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

We got a few inches last week, but nothing worth plowing. Then the wind started blowing. I spent most of Saturday evening moving drifts. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of that.

However, my daughter got her first real taste of driving too fast on snowpacked roads. I let her dig some, then took my strap out and pulled her out of the ditch.
    [​IMG]

This is from today. This is the 3rd time since Saturday I've moved this drift. The wind likes to make lots of drifts.
    [​IMG]

I've also been getting the urge to take pictures lately. I've uploaded some various pictures of the area where I live. This is all the desert area, and I'll hopefully get some mountain shots soon. None of these are great quality, they're taken with my phone.
    http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/Beachenraut/Wyoming winter scenery/

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  16. Sp3cialized

Sp3cialized Member
    from CT

Wow beautiful pictures on your photobucket!

17. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Not much in the way of plowing since my last post in this thread. We've got quite a bit of snow this year, but it's been 1 or 2 inches at a time. I don't pull out the plow for that though.
    Yesterday we got 4" of heavy wet snow, so I was out last night after work making the rounds. Unfortunately, I forgot to take many pics.
    The first is me cleaning my driveway during my lunch break, and the last 2 are cleaning out my in-law's driveway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome pics

19. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

We got around 2" of snow last night. It's hard to tell how much because the wind came up and drifted everything. It varied from bare ground to drifts deeper than my plow is tall (2' i think). Luckily it stayed cold, so this snow is light and pushes easy. I also had to open up the road leading out of our subdivision. There was a drift blocking the road for anything other than a 4wd vehicle. I made 2 passes so everyone could make it to work. I actually remembered to take some pics while cleaning out my driveway this morning. I'll be making the rounds cleaning driveways this evening.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  20. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member