1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SW Michigan area snow plowing and salting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lawnmasters2006, Dec 9, 2008.

1. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

thought i might see if there is enough people on hear to start a thread like sw Michigan...ice an plowing....chime in if your on our side of the state..we cant let those guys on the south east side of the state out do us...we get more snow from the lake affect snow machine...lol

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. snow plowman

snow plowman Senior Member

cadillac here

3. Sammy

Sammy Member

Where do you draw the line between sw/se ?

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

My guess would be Lansing.

East of that would be "US", and west of that would be "YOU GUYS". :D :waving:

5. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

East vs West :gunsfiring:

6. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

Finally started snowing good in GR. About tenth of inch down right now and coming down good. I would love to get one more push in.

7. lake_effect

lake_effect Junior Member

Can't get much further west....or south for that matter, than me....LOL

:gunsfiring:Rained:realmad: all damn day in the Benton harbor / St. Joe area.

8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Rained all day, then about 5:30 turned to snow, right now it's ALL iced up outside

9. lawnmasters2006

rained most of the day in bc...man was the roads slick an icy...did a lot of salting today

10. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Very little rain, then about an inch of snow this morning in Portage.

11. QuadPlower

Lake Effect, you the Lake Effect Plowing i see running around Kalamazoo? If so, I love the name.

I was thinking of going with White Gold Snow Plowing, but thought the customers would take it the wrong way.

12. QuadPlower

Where we drawing the line for South michigan? Or is it Lower vs Upper?

Lower West vs Lower East vs those Da Uppers

13. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

The Zilwaukee bridge. South of that is southern lower, north of that is northern lower.

Da Uppers live in a land of their own.

14. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

well I got an inch here in delton. I was hoping for another so I could fit 1 more push in before the thaw.

we're all trolls living under the bridge!

15. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

We got a trace over in Wayland, nothing big. But they're calling for close to 40 in the 7 day forecast.

16. lawnmasters2006

:D
    im thinking we have more fun on our side of the state..>>gotta love the lake affect snow monsters that comes an goes when ever he wants too..

17. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

Kalamazoo MI here. I don't know if you guys saw my post about my website for posting storm fall totals during an event.
    www.timetoplow.com
    We do get a heck of alot more snow than those east-side plowers!

18. lawnmasters2006

id say Lansing is the split line...i like reading the post on the s/e Michigan guys...but there weather an updates on weather don't help us...an it would be cool to keep this side of the state in formed with weather ,things for sale,help wanted ect....

19. lawnmasters2006

bring it....we get more snow.....:gunsfiring:

20. lake_effect

lake_effect Junior Member

Not me....just my screen name here. I don't get over to DaZoo to often, more than enough work around here. Pretty much run south to north, Benton Harbor to South Haven along the lake, and Paw Paw is about as far east as I go.