1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SVP Mini Phantom Mounting Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Supper Grassy, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

I am looking for options on how to mount my SVP Mini Phantom in my Ram 2500. The suction cups keep falling off the glass of the winshield and the back window so i am looking for better options on how to mount this more permanently without having to deal with it falling down while i am driving

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Pull the headliner and mount a bracket to the steel then replace the headliner. Or of you have removable plastic pull tab deals on the outside if the headliner (not sure exactly what they are called) but they hold the headliner up in the rear. Remove them, then fab up a piece of steel with a hole drilled in it, then replace the plastic tab and your all set. I did this in my truck, but I have A Sierra. Here is how I did mine in my truck. But due to the weight of the rear bar I had to bolt it down. I was able to get the bolts in thru the 3rd break light.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=142851

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  3. Supper Grassy

How would I go about pulling the headliner down? Any other options?

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The thread is called magnetic or permeate mount. It is on the second page of this forum.

5. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

You can just put some small wood screws right into the head liner the lights are not very heavy...That is what I have done and it has worked good so far

6. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Rub some spit on the suction cups... thats what I did and both of my lights are holding strong to my back window.

7. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

How old are the suction cups? The reason I ask is that the sun's UV rays make them crispy over time and this causes them to lose suction pretty quick.

Another thing you might want to try is cleaning the window. Even a light film will cause even a new suction cup to lose suction.

And, as has already been said, some good old saliva on the suction cups before you stick them to a clean window does help - as gross as it sounds.

8. Supper Grassy

Ill try cleaning, I got the bar 2 weeks ago

9. 7Doc

7Doc Junior Member

Mine stuck nicely to my windshield for the longest time. Then it started to fall off. I stuck it right to the dash with velcro in between the windshield wipers and it hasn't caused any issues since. It's not ideal for visibility, like right below the rearview mirror, but it's also out my way.

10. mranum

mranum Member

11. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

mine came with the shields that have double stick tape that hold it to the back window works well!!!!!

12. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I remounted mine right along the passenger headliner with some 3M double sided tape. Works GREAT!