1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SV08-30 Cartridges

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by WHTTLHNTR, Feb 22, 2014.

1. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

I am having problems with my EZV retracting from full scoop mode. I have replaced a bad angle cylinder on the left side last night and got it working so all functions were working. Today I was plowing out my job site and the plow got stuck in the scoop position. I thought it could have been air locked so I tried to bleed cylinders again. No luck. I then drained the lines to see if the cylinder somehow was hung up. Moved free. Using it as a straight blade worked fine. Went into full scoop. I could not move each wing seperatley. It would move the opposite wing with it. I took out the cartridges and noticed the white O rings (they are not rubber but I dont know what they would be called) had a 45 degree slice in them. All of them. I would guess that its not supposed to be like that but since it was on all of them would this be my problem? The valves moved freely and did not have any junk in them. Thanks

2. LON

LON Senior Member

The white ones are all like that. They are there to locate the o-ring in the proper spot.

3. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

OK thanks. Since I have posted this I have went over the mechanics guide for the plow. I have tested all solonoids, changed fluids, and changed the S3 cartridge. I still am having the same problem. I ruled out the controler because when I hit the button to bring it back to V the plow jumps but doenst move. Also when I am in the mode to move each wing individually and the blade is straight if I move the left wing it brings the right one with it and vice versa. I thinking a bad ground? I checked all my connections and they look fine. Is it common that the wire breaks inside the sleeve of the control wire? Any and all advice or suggestion are much appreciated. Thank you