1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Hammer24, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Hammer24

Hammer24 Junior Member

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 4x4 Quad Cab 1500 and was wondering what I could do to the suspension to beef it up other then turning up the torsion bars...I saw a truck identical to mine and he had some sort of bolt on attachment that looked something like an extra set of torsion bars, but man did he give up some ground clearance with it...Not sure I care to give up ground clearance. Any thoughts, suggestions is greatly appreciated.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Why not turn the tortion bars up???? Have done it to many trucks both Dodges and GMC. Never had an issue. When the plowing season is over you can simpily back of the bars for a factory ride. Or leave them for a firmer ride with added ground height.You can also add some rear spring to make the truck into a heavy half.
  3. big schmitty

big schmitty Member

they make a leveling kit that adds 2 inches to the front of the truck it goes on top of the coil spring. you don't lose any ride quality at all as for the rear i would suggest air bags if needed.
  4. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Do a SFA conversion....Use a 78-79 High pinion Dana 60 out of a ford. Or, trade it in for a 2500. :jester: