1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by A&M Snowplowing, Apr 21, 2006.

1. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

is it true that fords have independent suspensions on all of there trucks?
  2. PAplowman

PAplowman Member

No, only on half tons and 2WD trucks. All the Super Duty 4x4's have a solid front axle, with either leaf springs,(up til 2004), or coil springs, 05-present.
  3. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

it dpends on the truck..here is a little more info....

79 and earlier 4wd, all trucks solid axle

F150 80-96 independent TTB for 4wd, twin Ibeams for 2wd
    F250 80-96 independent TTB for 4wd, twin Ibeams for 2wd, some could get solid

F350 80-85.5 independent TTB for 4wd, win Ibeams for 2wd, some could get solid

F350 85.5 - current, solid axle 4wd (dana 60 or 50 dependin on year) solid I-beam was most common for 2wd

hope that helps

oh yeah starting in 92, the solid axle 4wd got ball joints, ealrier had king pins

BTW this is off the top of my head...with a little vodka buzz....so there is goofy things i mised as ford did weird things that i can't remem, but this is the common stuff for 90% of the trucks
  4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

nope, chevy does though.