1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suspension Questions 2008 Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by paydirtdave, Nov 4, 2012.

1. paydirtdave

paydirtdave Junior Member
    from North

Hello All, I have been lurking on this site for some time but it's now time for my first post. I have been wanting / needing a plow truck for some time. Over the summer I traded in my 07 Ram 1500 SLT and got myself a 08 Ram 2500 Quad Cab with the 5.7 I just had a Boss 7.6 STD installed and noticed that it is squatting a bit in front. I ordered a 2" leveling kit from from Hell Bent Steel. I want to replace the shocks as well, I was thinking of going with the 5100 series Bilstein shocks. I am a bit confused on shook length do I need longer front shocks or am I still needing a stock length. Ok very excited to here some opinion on this.

Ok Thanks for your time

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Longer shocks will work better but stock length will still fit.

3. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I put a leveling kit on my 06 Cummins and I went with longer Bilsteins. The ride isnt bad for a heavy duty truck. Post pics of your new setup.

4. paydirtdave

from North

Ok will resize and give it a go

IMG_0403.jpg

5. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

nice truck! do you notice any difference in how it handles the plow?

6. paydirtdave

from North

Here is a front picture

IMG_0404.jpg

7. paydirtdave

from North

Yes I can feel the plow on the truck but still feel like it's got a nice ride to it. Truck does not feel over worked or sloppy over the bumps or in the curves on the highway. Not a lot for me to compare it to but feels pretty good.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Any truck will drop an inch or so with a plow but the leveling kit will help hold the front end higher (it will still drop though). My 04 2500 held an Xblade and 9'6" EZV without issue.

My current V10 drops less but I upgraded the springs to progressive rates.

9. paydirtdave

from North

Ok so I will go with the Bilstein shocks for trucks with a 0-3" lift. I don't feel like it's sitting to much in the front to run it like it is. I sure do like that leveled look on other trucks. Thanks for all the input I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. Great Web Site

Thanks All

10. paydirtdave

from North

oldbluehairhemi, Did you install your led cab lights your self? Just wanted to get an idea of the difficulty lever of this install. Mostly worried about the removal of the headliner.

11. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

Yes I installed the led ones but the pervious owner had install the regular amber ones. the truck was not factory installed with cab lights. the headliner is a piece of cake to remove. all the pillar post covers have to come off on both sides then if you have one the overhead computer and the dome light and thats it. I left the headliner in the trucka and just worked around it. use lots of clear rtv!!!!!! one of mine has a small leak.

12. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Balast will help tons.... Without some weight the rear tires will spin way too much in 2wd...... Nice truck and enjoy !!

13. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

that truck a 6 speed?

14. paydirtdave

from North

No truck is an automatic