1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

suspension problem

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Ford250HDBoss, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Ford250HDBoss

Ford250HDBoss Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Hello

I have a 97 Ford250 HD reg cab and i just bought a brand new superduty 7.5 boss plow.

When the plow is on it looks like that tires are giving out. Like the front is riding on the inside of the tire.

I was wondering if there is something i can do to fix it

Thanks for the help
    :D

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Not sure, but isnt the 97 f250 the one with that weird design frontend, twin i beam, or something? Mike

3. Ford250HDBoss

from Buffalo

ya it does have a twin i beam
    what does that mean

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

No offense, but it means its a terrible setup. That is why you are having that problem. They tear up tires without a plow, with a plow i can imagine. Im not sure if you can get it aligned or not to try and compensate. Check with your local tire shop. That was truly a terrible design, anyone who knows about cars/trucks would agree. Mike

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Install Timbrens or add a leafs to keep the tires straight with the plow on. Not the best solution (solid axle swap) but with an alignment it should help.

By the way I think a 7'6" plow is too small for that truck. 8ft minimum for a F250/F350 IMO.

My friend runs a 9ft Diamond (vey heavy) on his 95 250 with a TTB front end. We had to beef up the suspension. When the axle goes it may get the solid 350 front I have at my shop.

6. Ford250HDBoss

from Buffalo

thanks for the help i think i will try the timbrens and put a leaf in were do i buy the timbrens and do i have to do it to the back end also to make it even.

Thanks for the help
    Rob

7. long0

long0 Senior Member

I had a 95 F-250 for a while with an 8' western on it. I put on Add-a-leafs on front because of the same problem you are having. One problem with the extra leaf is that the front end cannot be aligned within specs without the plow on the truck. When the plow is on, the truck can be aligned to exact specs. I ended up removing the leafs in the early spring and then having to re-install them when the snow started flying, having the truck aligned each time.

Andy