1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

suspension info help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Gunner318, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Gunner318

Gunner318 Junior Member

I am replacing shocks on my '01 Chev 2500 HD. I plow my driveway/dooryard and a handful of elderly neighbors using an old MM1. Are suspension upgrades worth the $$ ? Are Timbren kits better than SumoSprings? Are OEM shocks as adequate as the pricey Rancheros or others that are 3x more? It's a bit of a dollars and cents thing for me right now but if it's definitely worth it, I'll spring for them. Thanks for you opinions. :salute:

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Just give the Torsion Bars 3-4 turns, and it's FREEpayup

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

get a good shock. NOT rancho

are you having problems? if not why upgrade? youve been happy so far.

4. CuzMike

CuzMike Junior Member

I would suggest new shocks and turning the bars up a few times. Rancho sells a shock that is extended length for guys that turn up their bars. If you don't change out the shock you will more than likely top the shock out at full suspension droop.

5. Gunner318

Gunner318 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. It led me to do more checking and after all this I guess I'll replace those old shocks with factory replacements and try to get 1" lift with torsion adj. Thanx again for the ideas and info.